As part of special celebrations for its 90th Anniversary, CANSA hosted four CANSA SPAR Tea Cuppa For CANSA, events in Pretoria, Bloemfontein, Durban, and Paarl on 30 of October 2021 in a virtual format. The events aimed to bring awareness to CANSA’s on-going fight against cancer as well as raise funds towards their care and support programmes for those affected by cancer.
The theme for this year was ‘Live, Laugh, Love’ and even though the events took place virtually, they still followed the original approach that they had done in previous years.
Table settings were judged on Friday, 29 October 2021 by way of uploading photos to the designated platforms. Teas (on the 30th) were hosted from 9 to 1 pm, during which a virtual celebratory CANSA 90th anniversary live broadcast was shared with hosts and their guests via a special link. Other sponsors, donors and celebrities then joined us for the announcement of the 2021 CANSA SPAR Tea winners.”
National Winner CANSA SPAR Tea: Elana van Breda (Gauteng)
Winners of the Maroela Media competition to find the best table per category:
- CANSA interpretation – Hanlie Janse van Rensburg (Gauteng)
- Best flowers – Judith Reed (Paarl)
- Table etiquette – Suretha Burger (Paarl)
- Interpretation theme – Chriszanne Potgieter (Gauteng)
- Passion for entertaining – Elana van Breda (Gauteng)
- Creative SPAR table – Juanita Mclellan (Gauteng)
- Passion for small gifts – Susan van Zyl (Gauteng)
- Men’s table – Johannes Prinsloo (Gauteng)
The reader who one the Blikkantien Koffiestel was Charmaine Knoetze.