Enjoy Hannon’s lifestyle tips and find more information on how to participate in the competition…
29 June 2020 – June is Cuppa for CANSA season and CANSA is excited to announce a new competition ‘Celebrate Life – Your Story is Worth more than Gold’ launching 1 July 2020 and closes 31 October. Participants enter online and can win fabulous prizes.
Maria Scholtz, CANSA’s Head of Sustainability elaborates, “Cuppa For CANSA is an opportunity to connect with those you care about and drinking your favourite beverage while raising funds for a worthy cause at the same time. We’re excited to introduce ‘Celebration of Life’ and invite you to share ‘Cuppa’ story with us by hosting an intimate Cuppa with your family groups, friends or colleagues at work. And of course, please observe all lockdown procedures to be safe such as wearing a mask (CANSA sells facemasks and headwear ) and applying hand sanitiser frequently.”
Funds raised from Cuppa For CANSA helps CANSA to continue to deliver much needed care and support services to those affected by cancer. CANSA’s Care Centres offer care and support to the local communities, by providing cancer education and information to help reduce the cancer risk, cancer screening and early detection programmes to those who have limited access to health care.
There are three easy steps to follow and stand the chance to win amazing prizes – entries are available via Quicket to make a payment, then the entrant will receive a Cuppa competition form online. They then host the Cuppa and submit photos.
There are five categories that can be entered (R100 per category entry) and entrants can enter more than one category. The categories are My Cuppa Theme Interpretation, My Cuppa healthy option menu, My Cuppa table setting, My Cuppa Dress Style and My Cuppa story.
“Not only do we have super prizes to be won, this Cuppa competition also sees the introduction of CANSA Ambassadors to help promote participation and who are the judges of the competition. They are Lifestyle Chef – Izelle Hoffman; singer, songwriter and entertainer – Nataniël; news anchor, presenter, MC, actress and voiceover artist – Rozanne McKenzie; stylist, consultant and presenter of Glam Guru – Hannon and event planner and TV presenter – Aleit Swanepoel. It’s terrific having the support of these celebrities as our Cuppa For CANSA judges,” added Scholtz.
Prizes include gift vouchers to the value of R1000 by Gary Rom Hairdressing; gift vouchers to the value of R1000 by Future Skin & Body Clinic; gift hampers by Carrol Boyes; gift hampers by red espresso; gift hampers by National Brands; gift hampers by Annique Theron; gift hampers by Rexel; set of glasses by Fanél Glass; prizes by Gem Appliances, recipe books by lifestyle chef, Izelle Hoffman (sponsored by Penguin Random House South Africa and Struik) and gift hamper by Hannon.
This competition opens 1 July 2020 and closes 31 October 2020. Read full terms & conditions…
Share your ‘Celebration of Life’ Cuppa Story with us by hosting an intimate Cuppa with your family groups, friends or colleagues at work. And of course, please observe all lockdown procedures to be safe such as wearing a mask (CANSA sells facemasks and headwear) and applying hand sanitiser frequently.
Follow the 3 easy steps and stand the chance to win fabulous prizes:
- Step 1: Make your payment on Quicket and fill in the Cuppa Competition Form online at the link supplied after payment
- Step 2: Host your Cuppa
- Step 3: Submit your photos
You may enter more than one category – R100 per category entry:
Category 1: Entry Fee R100
Celebrate life – my Cuppa Theme Interpretation
- ‘Celebrate life’ by showcasing your story.
- Register on-line and submit 3 good quality photos of your CUPPA set-up. Your Cuppa photos will showcase your interpretation of this year’s Cuppa theme.
Category 2: Entry Fee R100
Celebrate life – my Cuppa healthy option menu
- Food has its own story – sometimes it is a family favourite – remember to showcase your healthy options.
- Register on-line and submit 3 good quality photos of your Cuppa menu selection. Your Cuppa photos will reveal your culinary / baking skills.
Category 3: Entry Fee R100
Celebrate life – my Cuppa table setting
- ‘Celebrate Life’ by showcasing your overall creativity – it is time to air-out the white linen tablecloth and wash the porcelain cups.
- Register on-line and submit 3 good quality photos of your Cuppa table setting. Your Cuppa photos will capture your decorative flair.
Category 4: Entry Fee R100
Celebrate life – my Cuppa dress-style
- ‘Celebrate Life’ by dressing up! Your dress-style will tell the story…
- Register on-line and submit 3 good quality photos of your CUPPA dress up. Your Cuppa photos will be a fashion statement.
Category 5: Entry Fee R100
Celebrate life – my Cuppa, my story
- ‘Celebrate Life’ by sharing your story – we are all touched by cancer in one way or another – share your story by sending us a short video clip, or writing you story…
- Register on-line and submit your video or story – your story will create HOPE!
“A cup of tea shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent!” – Anonymous
Having a cup of tea with a friend is one of the ‘every day things’ we miss most during the COVID-19 lockdown … because where there is a cup of tea shared, there is HOPE!
“When you are feeling sad and blue and have no clue what to do, sit down and have a cup of tea.” Anonymous
For more information contact Maria Scholtz: email@example.com
Hannon shares some great lifestyle tips while promoting our competition…
Prizes include gift vouchers to the value of R1000 by Gary Rom Hairdressing; gift vouchers to the value of R1000 by Future Skin & Body Clinic; gift hampers by Carrol Boyes; gift hampers by red espresso; gift hampers by National Brands; gift hampers by Annique Theron; gift hampers by Rexel; set of glasses by Fanél Glass; prizes by Gem Appliances, recipe books by lifestyle chef, Izelle Hoffman (sponsored by Penguin Rand House South Africa and Struik) and gift hamper by Hannon.
Has lockdown got you down? No hugging bugging you out? Is isolation causing frustration?
Then it’s time for a Cuppa – a VIRTUAL Cuppa For CANSA!
Lock your hug in a cuppa by joining our Virtual Cuppa For CANSA 1-minute challenge and help us raise funds to deliver much needed care and support services to those affected by cancer.
All you need to do is:
1) Using a cuppa, make your favourite healthy sweet treat or savoury snack
2) While it’s cooking, create a short video of you doing some type of physical activity while you wait.
3) Send your HUG (i.e. challenge) to your family and friends
4) Pledge your donation to CANSA
5) Upload your video to Facebook using the hashtag #VirtualCuppaForCANSA
6) Have FUN and be creative
- Keep recipes quick and easy
- Use ingredients which will be available during lockdown and most likely already at home
- Try using recipes which are low in sugar and include fresh fruits and veggies
- Keep the video to 1 minute
- Please remember to include your pledge to CANSA and add the donation link to your post: https://www.quicket.co.za/event/103798/collect
Videos will be shared on our Facebook page. The CANSA team has started the challenge – see our video here: https://vimeo.com/409732363
25 Junie 2019 – Die ‘Cuppa For CANSA’ seisoen in 2019 strek vanaf Junie tot Oktober en KANSA nooi mense uit om ‘n Cuppa geleentheid of onthaal aan te bied. Dit bied vir kankeroorwinnaars en versorgers ‘n platform om hulle stories met ander te deel en om ‘Hoop’ te gee aan ander wat deur kanker geraak is. Die veldtog moedig almal aan om ‘n koppie van hul gunsteling drankie te drink ter ondersteuning van ‘n goeie doel om sodoende ‘n donasie aan KANSA te kan skenk.
Maria Scholtz, KANSA se hoof van Volhoubaarheid, sê: “Ons tema vir 2019 is #MyCuppaMyStory. Dit skep ‘n platform en ‘n geleentheid vir kankeroorwinnaars (pasiënte) en versorgers om hul stories met ander te deel en om ander met “Hoop” te inspireer. Lees meer oor KANSA se ‘Global Heroes of Hope’. Hulle kry die geleentheid om te wys hoe ander mense wat met kanker gediagnoseer is teen kanker baklei het tydens hulle reis met die siekte. Ons erken ook die ondersteuning wat versorgers aan pasiënte bied wat met kanker gediagnoseer is. Gedurende ons Cuppa Veldtog poog ons dat die stemme van kankeroorwinnaars gehoor sal word en om hulle met ‘Hoop’ te inspireer.”
KANSA se doel is om gemeenskappe te motiveer om betrokke te raak deur te help om tydens ‘n CUPPA geleentheid fondse in te samel wat gebruik sal word vir die ondersteuning van kankerpasiënte en om programme beskikbaar te stel by KANSA SorgSentra landwyd. Dienste wat deur SorgSentra aangebied word sluit opvoeding, vroeë opsporing deur middel van siftingstoetse, berading, ondersteuningsgroepe, pruike, prosteses, verhuring van mediese toerusting, hulp met die versorging van wonde en stomaklinieke in.
“Mense wat CUPPA geleenthede wil aanbied kan by hul plaaslike of naaste KANSA SorgSentra registreer en pakkette vir gashere en –vroue ontvang. Hulle kan hulle kontakte nader en hulle uitnooi na die geleentheid. Nooi ‘n kankeroorwinnaar of versorger uit om hulle reis met kanker en hul stories met ander te kom deel. ‘n Gasheer kan ook ‘n ‘virtuele’ Cuppa aanbied en boodskappe van hoop en aanlyn donasies op KANSA se webwerf plaas. Spesiaal gemerkte Cuppa-bekers (R50) elk kan ook deur aanbieders van Cuppa funksies by SorgSentra gekoop word om verkoop te word as ‘n spesiale aandenking,” voeg Scholtz by.
Meer oor KANSA
KANSA bied ‘n unieke geïntegreerde diens aan die publiek en mense geaffekteer deur kanker. As ‘n leidende rolspeler in kankernavorsing word die wetenskaplike bevindinge en kennis wat deur ons navorsing opgedoen word, gebruik vir ons gesondheidprogramme en om ons rol as waghond tot groter voordeel van die publiek te versterk. Ons gesondheidprogramme bestaan uit bewusmaking van gesondheid, siftingstoetse vir kanker en veldtogte oor gesondheidopvoeding, KANSA Sorgsentra wat ‘n wye verskeidenheid van sorg- en ondersteuningsdienste bied aan mense wat deur kanker geraak word, stoma en ander kliniese ondersteuning en organisatoriese bestuur, verhuring van mediese toerusting sowel as a tolvrye nommer wat geskakel kan word om inligting en ondersteuning te bekom. Ons verskaf ook pasiëntesorg en ondersteuning in die vorm van 12 KANSA Sorgtuistes in die hoof metropolitaanse areas vir weg-van-die-huis kankerpasiënte.
Besoek www.cansa.org.za of kontak jou naaste KANSA SorgSentrum, skakel, skakel KANSA tolvry 0800 22 66 22 of stuur ‘n epos aan: firstname.lastname@example.org. Benewens aanlynhulpbronne en Facebook-ondersteuningsgroepe bied KANSA ook veeltalige ondersteuning aan op WhatsApp: 072 197 9305 vir Engels en Afrikaans en 071 867 3530 vir Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho en Siswati. Volg KANSA op Twitter: @CANSA , sluit aan by KANSA op Facebook: CANSA The Cancer Association of South Africa en volg KANSA op Instagram: @cancerassociationofsouthafrica en LinkedIn.
25 June 2019 – It’s Cuppa For CANSA season from June to October 2019 and CANSA invites people to host an event, giving cancer Survivors and caregivers a platform to share their story and give ‘Hope’ to others affected by cancer. The campaign encourages all to enjoy a cup of their favourite beverage and support a great cause by giving a donation to CANSA.
Maria Scholtz, CANSA’s Head of Sustainability, says “Our theme for 2019 is #MyCuppaMyStory, providing a platform for cancer Survivors (patients) and caregivers to share stories that can inspire Hope. Our CANSA ‘Global Heroes of Hope’ truly demonstrate that cancer Survivors have the power to save lives by sharing their story and demonstrating the many ways to fight back during a cancer journey. We also acknowledge the support that caregivers offer to those affected. During our Cuppa Campaign we aim to create a space for their voices to be heard, to inspire Hope.”
CANSA’s goal is to motivate the community to get involved and assist by hosting a Cuppa event and help raise funds which will be used to deliver support and care programmes at CANSA Care Centres country-wide. Services include education, early detection screening, counselling, support groups, wigs, prostheses, medical equipment hire, assistance with wound care and stoma clinics.
“Hosts can contact any local CANSA Care Centre nationally to register their event and get host packages and invite all their contacts to support their event. Invite a Survivor or caregiver to share their story and journey. Hosts can also host a ‘virtual’ Cuppa and send messages of hope and donate online on our website. Specially branded Cuppa mugs (R50) may also be purchased by hosts or the public at Care Centres, as a special keepsake,” Scholtz continues.
CANSA encourages hosts to share photos, ‘pledges’ and stories about Survivors and caregivers as part of Cuppa For CANSA. Use the hashtags #MyCuppaMyStory and #CuppaForCANSA and share on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Corporates should save the date 1 – 9 August 2019, when workplaces can host Cuppa events to celebrate cancer Survivors and caregivers to raise funds for CANSA.
Official tea sponsor (Five Roses) is again committed to supporting CANSA’s ongoing care and support programmes.
(For more information, please contact Maria Scholtz, Head: Sustainability at CANSA at email email@example.com or call 083 280 0725).
CANSA offers a unique integrated service to the public and to all people affected by cancer. CANSA is a leading role-player in cancer research and the scientific findings and knowledge gained from our research are used to realign our health programmes, as well as strengthen our watchdog role to the greater benefit of the public. Our health programmes comprise health and education campaigns; CANSA Care Centres that offer a wide range of care and support services to those affected by cancer; stoma and other clinical support; medical equipment hire, as well as a toll-free line to offer information and support. We also supply patient care and support in the form of 12 CANSA Care Homes in the main metropolitan areas for out-of-town cancer patients and CANSA-TLC lodging for parents and guardians of children undergoing cancer treatment.
Visit www.cansa.org.za or contact the nearest CANSA Care Centre, call CANSA toll-free 0800 22 66 22 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to online resources and Facebook support groups, CANSA offers multi-lingual support on WhatsApp: 072 197 9305 for English and Afrikaans and 071 867 3530 for Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho and Siswati. Follow CANSA on Twitter: @CANSA (http://www.twitter.com/CANSA), join CANSA on Facebook: CANSA The Cancer Association of South Africa and follow CANSA on Instagram: @cancerassociationofsouthafrica and LinkedIn.
CANSA invites you to be part of the story! Join us during Corporate Cuppa Week and make a difference!
Date: 2nd – 9th of August 2019
You can help support CANSA to deliver much needed care and support services to those affected by cancer, by joining the fun and creative campaign that is Cuppa For CANSA.
Become part of the Corporate Cuppa For CANSA Story in 3 Easy Steps:
1. Place your Corporate Cuppa For CANSA Order by contacting your local CANSA Care Centre:
- Option 1: x 4 CANSA Cuppa Story-mugs with a special Five-Roses Tea-bag in each mug + 4 pairs of CUPPA Story socks @ R400.00
- Option 2: x 4 CANSA Cuppa Story-mugs with a special Five-Roses Tea-bag in each mug @ R200
- Option 3: x 4 pairs of Cuppa Story-socks @ R240
- Option 4: Individual Cuppa Story-mug @ R50/mug
- Option 5: Individual pairs of Cuppa Story-socks @ R60/pair
2. Host your own Cuppa by inviting colleagues to join you for a “quick-Cuppa” or a special “morning tea”. Share your special story, or share the Stories of Hope of the CANSA Global Heroes of Hope by sharing the following links with your staff:
- Survivor Hero of Hope Anthea Lewis
- Survivor Hero of Hope WynandPienaar
- Survivor Hero of Hope Ardath Datnow
- Survivor Hero of Hope Leonie Harry
- Survivor Hero of Hope Sadiyah Moerat
- Survivor Hero of Hope Elaine Bronkhorst
- Survivor Hero of Hope Anthea Bingle
- Caregiver Hero of Hope
3. Create your own story with special memories – by submitting your CORPORATE CUPPA For CANSA photos:
Log into Facebook and Like the Cancer Association of South Africa Facebook page. Send a Facebook Private Message to the Page itself with the following details:
- Contact telephone number during office hours for the period when winners will be contacted, i.e. 17 August 2019.
- Email address for further correspondence regarding the competition.
- An indication whether the participant wishes to subscribe to CANSA’s monthly e-newsletter and email address (if different email address from above).
- Terms & Conditions competition
Your support will help sustain our care and support programmes, which also promotes early detection.
CANSA’s Care Centres offer care and support to local communities, by providing cancer education and information to help reduce the cancer risk, as well as cancer screening and early detection programmes to those who have limited access to health care.
We encourage you to take part in this Cuppa season, by being a host, or as a guest of one of the CANSA Cuppa’s. Let your creative juices loose, and host a Cuppa.
For this year’s Cuppa, we have some lovely mugs available for purchase at R5o each. These mugs are a great keepsake for the Cuppa season and a wonderful addition to any event.
Iced Rooibos Tea
- 3 cups (750 ml) fresh cold water
- 6 bags of Rooibos tea
- 3 cups ( 750 ml) soda water
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint or lemon slices, if desired.
- Add honey to taste before chilling
- Bring water to a boil
- Pour over tea bags and let it steep for 5 to 7 minutes
- Pour tea into heatproof pitcher
- Cool to room temperature, then chill
- Fill another pitcher with ice and add the Rooibos tea
- Top with soda water
- Stir gently and serve
- 1 litre strong, cold Rooibos tea
- 500 ml orange juice
- 1 litre home-made ginger ale **
- 1 litre soda water
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Crushed ice
- Mix Rooibos and orange juice
- Chill mixture
- Add chilled ginger ale and soda water, just before serving
- Garnish with lemon slices and mint
- Serve with crushed ice
Source: www.sarooibos.co.za (adapted Megan Pentz-Kluytz, CANSA’s Consulting Dietician)
** Homemade Ginger Ale
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sliced fresh ginger root (not necessary to peel), just rinse well
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Sparkling mineral water or club soda
- In a medium pot, combine water and ginger over high heat. Once boiling, lower heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for one hour. Remove lid and continue to simmer 30 more minutes.
- Take off heat and strain mixture to remove ginger. Stir in lemon and honey. Cool completely. This is your ginger syrup.
- To make ginger ale, put a handful of ice into a glass. Add ¼ cup ginger syrup, and fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water.
- 1 litre strong, cold Rooibos
- 1 litre apple juice
- 500 ml granadilla / passion fruit juice
- 500 ml strawberry juice
- 3 bottles (750 ml each) of sparkling water
- 2 punnets of strawberries, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/2 cup granadilla pulp
- Fresh mint leaves
- Mix Rooibos, apple, granadilla and strawberry juices and chill
- Add chilled sparkling water
- Garnish with strawberries, orange and mint
Source: www.sarooibos.co.za (adapted by Megan Pentz-Kluytz, CANSA’s Consulting Dietician)
Fruity Iced Tea
- 5 Rooibos teabags
- 3 litres water
- 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced thickly
- 3 peaches, cut into wedges
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 200 g castor sugar
- Place all the ingredients into a large pot and bring to the boil
- Turn the heat down and allow to simmer very gently for 15 minutes
- Remove from the heat, strain and discard the fruit
- Store the tea the fridge until well chilled. Check the sweetness and add more honey to taste if necessary
- Serve over ice
CANSA is thankful to Le Creuset for supporting our Cuppa Campaign yet again.
For the fourth consecutive year, Le Creuset committed to assisting CANSA with their Cuppa For CANSA campaign. The focus for 2015, was on CANSA Care Homes, as reflected in the ‘Care in a Cup’ theme.
Le Creuset hosted their own ‘Grand Cuppa For CANSA’ tea parties at three of the country’s leading high tea establishments – in Johannesburg (Inanda Club), Durban (The Oyster Box) and Cape Town (The Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel), and raised a combined total of R174 115-00 for CANSA, with the generous support of attendees.
In addition, Le Creuset also boosted its own contribution by donating 15% of Chiffon Pink product sales during the campaign period (15 September to 31 October) to CANSA, amounting to R77 390-62.
Thank you Le Creuset!
Winners 2015 Le Creuset Competition Announced
As part of the campaign, Le Creuset challenged people all over the country to gather with friends and loved ones to share a friendly cuppa, in order to raise further awareness and funds for CANSA. Three fabulous category prizes were up for grabs, each consisting of a R5000 Le Creuset voucher.
Competition winners were thoroughly deserving – read more and be inspired by entrants’ fabulous Cuppa pics…